How to do Special Marriage in Delhi ?
Parties who do not wish to marry in a religious ceremony can instead opt for a civil ceremony pursuant to the Indian Special Marriage Act of 1954.
What is pre Conditions for Special Marriage in Delhi ?
In case a marriage between an Indian and a foreign national is to take place in India, generally it’s required to file a notice of intended marriage with a Marriage Registrar of your choice in India. That notice is required to be published for the stipulated 30 days. At the end of the 30 days the Marriage Registrar is free to perform the marriage.
The notice of intended marriage can only be given in India, if at least one partner is permanently and the other partner temporarily resident in India.
If one partner is residing in a foreign country then the partner who is resident in India will have to fill out the “Marriage Notice” collected from the Marriage Registration Office of his/her choice in India and send it to his/her partner in the foreign country who will also have to fill it out. This “Notice” should then be sent back to the partner in India who will have to re-submit it at the Marriage Registration Office. After the stipulated waiting period of 30 days the marriage can take place in India. Under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 a certificate showing the signatures of the persons married, the registrar and the witnesses will be issued. This Certificate is required as proof of the marriage and when applying for a visa to for a foreign country.
All Indian Citizens irrespective of their caste and religion are eligible for court marriage/court wedding.
What documents will be require for Special Marriage in Delhi ?
- The bridegroom should be 21 years of age and the bride at least 18 years of age to be eligible for court marriage.
- Both the parties should not be a part of any existing valid marriage with third person. If already married a proof of divorce must be produced.
- The parties should be mature, responsible and of sound mind.
- There should not be any prohibited relation among the the parties.
- Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
- Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
If any party is widow / widower Death Documents required for the Performance & Registration of court Marriage.
- 2-4 witnesses with ID & Address proof along with 2 passport size photographs.