How to do Foreigner Marriage in Delhi ?
An Act to make provision relating to marriages of citizens of India outside India. BE it enacted by Parliament in the Twentieth Year of the Republic of India as follows
This Act may be called the Foreign Marriage Act, 1969.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires;
- "Degrees of prohibited relationship" shall have the same meanings as in the Special Marriage Act, 1954 (43 of 1954).
- "District ", in relation to a Marriage Officer, means the area within which the duties of his office are to be discharged.
- "foreign country " means a country or place outside India, and includes a ship which is for the time being in the territorial waters of such a country or place.
- "Marriage Officer" means a person appointed under Section 3 to be a Marriage Officer;
- "official house", in relation to a Marriage Officer, means -
- (i) the official house or residence of the officer
- (ii) the office in which the business of the officer is transacted;
- (iii) a prescribed place; and
- "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act.
For the purposes of this Act, the Central Government may, by Notification in the Official Gazette, appoint such of its diplomatic or Consular Officers as it may think fit to be Marriage Officer for any foreign country. Explanation.- In this Section, `diplomatic officer' means an ambassador, envoy, minister, high commissioner, commissioner, charge d' affairs or other diplomatic representative or a counsellor or secretary of an embassy, legation or high commission .
Conditions relating to solemnization of foreign marriages
A marriage between parties one of whom at least is a citizen of India may be solemnized under this Act by or before a Marriage Officer in a foreign country, if, at the time of the marriage, the following conditions are fulfilled, namely:-
What documents will be require for Court Marriage in Delhi ?
- Neither party has a spouse living.
- Neither party is an idiot or a lunatic.
- The bridegroom has completed the age of twenty one years and the bride the age of eighteen years at the time of the marriage.
- The parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship :
Provided that where the personal law or a custom governing at least one of the parties of a marriage between them, such marriage may be solemnized, notwithstanding that they are degrees of prohibited relationship.
- Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
- Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
If any party is widow / widower Death Documents required for the Performance & Registration of court Marriage.
- 2-4 witnesses with ID & Address proof along with 2 passport size photographs.