How to do Court Marriage in Delhi ?
Court marriages in Delhi are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriage in Delhi does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate. Direct court marriage take 30-45 days min. to be solemnize.
What is pre Conditions for Court Marriage in Delhi ?
These are the essential conditions for applying a court marriage in Delhi.
What documents will be require for Court Marriage in Delhi ?
- There should not be subsisting valid marriage of either of the parties with any other person.
- The bridegroom should be of twenty-one (21) years and bride should be of eighteen (18) years of age.
- The parties should not be of unsoundness of mind of such a nature as to be unable to give valid consent for the marriage, or suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and procreation of children, or has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity.
- The parties should not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship.
- Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
- Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
- Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
If any party is widow / widower Death Documents required for the Performance & Registration of court Marriage.
- 2-4 witnesses with ID & Address proof along with 2 passport size photographs.